Peer Reviewed Publications:
17. Bowen Song, Xinman Yin, Yubo Fan#, Yanyu Zhao#, "Quantitative spatial mapping of tissue water and lipid content using spatial frequency domain imaging in the 900- to 1000-nm wavelength region", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 27, 10 (2022).
16. Bowen Song, Wenchao Jia, Yanyu Zhao#, Hongshi Huang#, Yubo Fan#, "Ultracompact deep neural network for ultrafast optical property extraction in spatial frequency domain imaging (SFDI)", Photonics, 9,5 (2022). (invited paper)
15. Yanyu Zhao#, Bowen Song, Ming Wang, Yang Zhao, Yubo Fan#, "Halftone spatial frequency domain imaging enables kilohertz high-speed label-free non-contact quantitative mapping of optical properties for strongly turbid media", Light: Science & Applications, 10, 245 (2021).
14. Jiamiao Yang, Qiaozhi He, Linxian Liu#, Yuan Qu, Rongjun Shao, Bowen Song, Yanyu Zhao#, "Anti-scattering light focusing by fast wavefront shaping based on multi-pixel encoded digital-micromirror device", Light: Science & Applications, 10, 149 (2021).
13. Yanyu Zhao, Qiaozhi He, Shuna Li, and Jiamiao Yang. "Gradient-assisted focusing light through scattering media." Optics Letters 46, no. 7 (2021): 1518-1521.
12. Yanyu Zhao, Yue Deng, Shuhua Yue, Ming Wang, Bowen Song, and Yubo Fan. "Direct mapping from diffuse reflectance to chromophore concentrations in multi-fx spatial frequency domain imaging (SFDI) with a deep residual network (DRN)." Biomedical Optics Express 12, no. 1 (2021): 433-443.
11. Yanyu Zhao, Anahita Pilvar, Anup Tank, Hannah Peterson, John Jiang, Jon C. Aster, John Paul Dumas, Mark C. Pierce, and Darren Roblyer. "Shortwave-infrared meso-patterned imaging enables label-free mapping of tissue water and lipid content." Nature Communications 11, no. 1 (2020): 1-12.
10. Yanyu Zhao, Mattew B. Applegate, Raeef Istfan, Ashvin Pande, and Darren Roblyer. "Quantitative real-time pulse oximetry with ultrafast frequency-domain diffuse optics and deep neural network processing." Biomedical Optics Express 9, no. 12 (2018): 5997-6008.
9. Yanyu Zhao, Yue Deng, Feng Bao, Hannah Peterson, Raeef Istfan, and Darren Roblyer. "Deep learning model for ultrafast multifrequency optical property extractions for spatial frequency domain imaging." Optics Letters 43, no. 22 (2018): 5669-5672.
8. Feng Bao, Yue Deng, Mulong Du, Zhiquan Ren, Qingzhao Zhang, Yanyu Zhao, Jinli Suo, Zhengdong Zhang, Meilin Wang, and Qionghai Dai. "Probabilistic natural mapping of gene-level tests for genome-wide association studies." Briefings in Bioinformatics 19, no. 4 (2018): 545-553.
7. Feng Bao, Yue Deng, Yanyu Zhao, Jinli Suo, and Qionghai Dai. "Bosco: Boosting corrections for genome-wide association studies with imbalanced samples." IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience 16, no. 1 (2017): 69-77.
6. Syeda Tabassum, Yanyu Zhao, Raeef Istfan, Junjie Wu, David J. Waxman, and Darren Roblyer. "Feasibility of spatial frequency domain imaging (SFDI) for optically characterizing a preclinical oncology model." Biomedical Optics Express 7, no. 10 (2016): 4154-4170.
5. Yanyu Zhao, Syeda Tabassum, Shaheer Piracha, Mohan Sobhana Nandhu, Mariano Viapiano, and Darren Roblyer. "Angle correction for small animal tumor imaging with spatial frequency domain imaging (SFDI)." Biomedical Optics Express 7, no. 6 (2016): 2373-2384.
4. Yue Deng, Yanyu Zhao, Zhiquan Ren, Youyong Kong, Feng Bao, and Qionghai Dai. "Discriminant kernel assignment for image coding." IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics 47, no. 6 (2016): 1434-1445.
3. Phuong Diep, Sanjana Pannem, Jordan Sweer, Justine Lo, Michael Snyder, Gabriella Stueber, Yanyu Zhao et al. "Three-dimensional printed optical phantoms with customized absorption and scattering properties." Biomedical Optics Express 6, no. 11 (2015): 4212-4220.
2. Yanyu Zhao, and Darren M. Roblyer. "Spatial mapping of fluorophore quantum yield in diffusive media." Journal of Biomedical Optics 20, no. 8 (2015): 086013.
1. Yue Deng, Yanyu Zhao, Yebin Liu, and Qionghai Dai. "Differences help recognition: a probabilistic interpretation." PloS One 8, no. 6 (2013): e63385.
Yanyu Zhao, Anahita Pilvar, Mark C. Pierce, and Darren Roblyer, "Chapter: Short-Wave Infrared Meso-Patterned Imaging for Quantitative and Label-Free Tissue Characterization", Short-Wavelength Infrared Windows for Biomedical Applications, Laura A. Sordillo and Peter P. Sordillo (Editors), SPIE, 2022